After a week of voting on our first “Lesbian Movie Club” poll, the results are in, and you have chosen the first two movies that we will be watching and discussing, together with you, on our first two episodes.
Even though, “Imagine Me & You” won first place, it will be the featured movie on our SECOND episode, since Mimi will only be able to partially participate in the first episode and it’s one of her favorite lesbian movies of all times. We’re sure you sympathize.
And so, we are happy to announce that THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT will be the first movie we watch and discuss. Below you can find a few prompts to help you get started thinking of the movie and getting your emails ready, so that our discussion can include all your thoughts, stories and points of view.You do not have to answer the questions, but feel free to do so, or to use them to help you sort out your thoughts about the movie.
THE FIRST EPISODE OF “LESBIAN MOVIE CLUB” WILL BE POSTED ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16th.
PLEASE GET YOUR EMAILS TO US BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10th, at 10AM EST.
Prompts for “The Kids Are All Right:”
SPOILER ALERT: Read these prompts AFTER you’ve already watched the movie.
- How did you like the chemistry between the two main actresses, Julianne Moore and Annette Bening?
- Did you like the characters? Do you feel they were stereotypical in any way?
- This is a movie about a family and a long-term couple going through a crisis. How do you feel about this type of movie, as opposed to most lesbian movies, which are about coming out and/or falling in love?
- Julianne Moore’s character cheats on her partner with a man. Tell us your thoughts about that. (we know you have a lot to say!).
- This movie, as opposed to most lesbian movies, was a mainstream hit that was nominated for prestigious awards. What, do you think, struck a chord with the general audiences, and is that good for our community, or did it come with a price?
- What was the one thing you most liked about the movie, and what was the one thing you most disliked about the movie?
- Do you have a personal story that relates to this movie? (about how it impacted you or how it related to your life experience, etc.).