Clarification: Alex’s return to Holby City is merely a rumor.
WE MADE IT! YOU MADE IT! We have reached our goal of $2200 and Lady Parts Plus is now officially happening! Can you tell we’re excited? We hope you’re excited, too.
THE CAMPAIGN IS STILL GOING ON. Perks are still available, and funds are still welcome, as the campaign goal was the very bare minimum we need (plus, Indiegogo keeps some of it for itself).
Every little bit more that you can give us would be great help toward making the new website, new channel and new content even better for you.
So, please go to our campaign page and give as much or as little as you can and get some of the fun perks. Want to chat? Want to be a guest on our Vlog? Want to be featured in our Supporters Hall of Fame? You can still do all of these. Just go to our campaign page and give!
To all our uber-super awesome contributors, we are deeply grateful for your generosity. We will be in touch in the coming weeks about redeeming perks. We are eager to thank you all properly.
So, get ready, folks. Lesbian Movie Club, Post Op: Holby City and Talking Teal are on! And who knows what else the future holds…
We, Liron Cohen and Mimi Torchin, started Lady Parts, a blog/Vlog dedicated to the women of television and film and the roles they play, as a venue to promote women’s work in the media and to celebrate the shows and films we love.
Over the past couple of years, Lady Parts has grown into a space where fans can gather, share ideas and points of view, and have fun, and our interactive Vlog has become a community we cherish.
This is why we want to be able to keep it going.
However, you all know how much work we put into these Vlogs, and after doing this completely free of charge for two years, we’ve reached the point where the Vlog needs to be able to support itself.
And we’ve found a way to do just that!
We want to bring you your favorite Lady Parts Vlog series, like “Talking Teal,” “Post Op: Holby City,” and “Lesbian Movie Club,” and even expand into more Vlog series (it’s all up to you!), through an extremely affordable and flexible subscription model. SO affordable, it’s ridiculous!
For that, we need YOUR help. We are raising this very minimal amount of money to cover some of the initial costs, so that we can bring you a new and better website, a high quality channel, and a year full of Vlogs!
You’ve enjoyed our interviews and our interactive discussions before. Let’s keep them going!
WE’VE STARTED AN INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN: LADY PARTS PLUS.
We have to meet the goal here in order to get started. So, please, give as much or as little as you can (starting with $1 and up!) — and get some fun perks on the way — and use the IndieGoGo sharing tools to spread the word and tell your friends to donate as much as they can, as well.
And once we’ve hit the goal, keep donating if you can. Every little bit helps us give you your favorite Vlogs about your favorite shows and movies.
Let’s do this!
(scroll down for FAQ)
1) Does the backing money only support the campaign, or does it also go towards initial subscriptions?
Backing money only goes toward getting Lady Parts Plus up and running. There are a lot of initial costs that have to be covered. This money also helps to make sure that we can keep subscription fees to a minimum.
2) Is the backing additive? (If I give $25 this month and $75 in Feb before it closes, will there be a way of indicating multiple donations?)
It is our understanding that one can make multiple contributions. That is also a way to claim multiple perks — that must be done as separate contributions.
We understand that some of you would like to give more, but need to do it in “stages.” If a perk is unlimited ($25 & $50) or if one of the limited perks is still available, we will absolutely honor it, even if you had to do it in stages. For example, in this case, if you give $25 and then $75 and one of the ten $100 perks is still available, we will give you a thank you call.
3) If/when the goal is reached before the deadline, and someone still wants to donate, are they eligible for a call, chat, guest spot, or is that a limited time offer?
Our goal here is the very basic amount we must have to get started. However, every bit more would help us get you the best Lady Parts Plus experience right off the bat. This is why the campaign will continue to accept and welcome funds after the basic goal has been met. Perks will continue to be available, and new ones will be added!
4) Will all of the previous Lady Parts Vlogs, including interviews, still be available on YouTube, or will they transition over to Lady Parts Plus?
Any video we currently have on our YouTube channel will remain there and you can access it for free at any time (though, please consider clicking on an ad to help us there, too).
5) Will there be any new Vlogs/stuff added to your YouTube page, or is the new stuff trictly going to be through Lady Parts Plus?
Yes! Lady Parts Plus will be a special channel for Vlog series (i.e. “Talking Teal,” “Post Op: Holby City,” “Lesbian Movie Club,” etc.) The original Lady Parts YouTube page will continue to be active and provide the general public new Vlogs and also little snippets from new Lady Parts Plus Vlogs.
6) Can I donate from outside the U.S.?
Yes! You can donate from almost anywhere in the world! That’s part of the beauty of Indiegogo, which accepts funds from most countries. That simply means your currency will be converted to dollars when you contribute.
Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we’ll be happy to clarify!
Remember, emails for the first Lesbian Movie Club are due Friday, February 10th. For all the information and for questions to help you get started, read our blog entry ANNOUNCING THE FIRST “LESBIAN MOVIE CLUB” FILM
After a week of voting on our first “Lesbian Movie Club” poll, the results are in, and you have chosen the first two movies that we will be watching and discussing, together with you, on our first two episodes.
Even though, “Imagine Me & You” won first place, it will be the featured movie on our SECOND episode, since Mimi will only be able to partially participate in the first episode and it’s one of her favorite lesbian movies of all times. We’re sure you sympathize.
And so, we are happy to announce that THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT will be the first movie we watch and discuss. Below you can find a few prompts to help you get started thinking of the movie and getting your emails ready, so that our discussion can include all your thoughts, stories and points of view.You do not have to answer the questions, but feel free to do so, or to use them to help you sort out your thoughts about the movie.
THE FIRST EPISODE OF “LESBIAN MOVIE CLUB” WILL BE POSTED ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16th.
PLEASE GET YOUR EMAILS TO US BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10th, at 10AM EST.
Prompts for “The Kids Are All Right:”
SPOILER ALERT: Read these prompts AFTER you’ve already watched the movie.
- How did you like the chemistry between the two main actresses, Julianne Moore and Annette Bening?
- Did you like the characters? Do you feel they were stereotypical in any way?
- This is a movie about a family and a long-term couple going through a crisis. How do you feel about this type of movie, as opposed to most lesbian movies, which are about coming out and/or falling in love?
- Julianne Moore’s character cheats on her partner with a man. Tell us your thoughts about that. (we know you have a lot to say!).
- This movie, as opposed to most lesbian movies, was a mainstream hit that was nominated for prestigious awards. What, do you think, struck a chord with the general audiences, and is that good for our community, or did it come with a price?
- What was the one thing you most liked about the movie, and what was the one thing you most disliked about the movie?
- Do you have a personal story that relates to this movie? (about how it impacted you or how it related to your life experience, etc.).